Saturday, January 29, 2011

Dr. Grady

Dr. Tanya Grady-Weliky was the Associate Dean for Medical Education here at OHSU. She died last week. Had been ill for some time. Left behind a husband and a beautiful little daughter. My heart just aches for them.

I know they will eventually work through the change, but the sadness never really goes away. It will always sit beside you if you open the door and invite it in. It fades but remains for this life.

She was a devoted and heartfelt person. She loved her life and gave all she had every day. I imagine there were times I expected more of her and had no idea she had dipped far deeper into her reserves than I had that day. I resolve to slip into the shoes of others however I might and know their struggles, wear their integrity, cry their tears.

My prayer is that those close to her will find peace and joy in her memory and be guided by her spirit of kindness and love. She was terrific.

No comments:

Post a Comment